Did this last night when translating the ISOTOPE doujin got a bit painful for me to do. The next part will probably come prolly a week later because I have an exam on Valentines Day :/
Part 2 of Ryouko’s meeting with two Dangan Ronpa characters and the chilling conclusion of Matsuda and his patient.
- Naegi asks Mukuro: Why are you here?
- Mukuro answers hesitantly, but Naegi helps her answer his question, saying that she just happened to pass by, that she hasn’t changed and that she could help them.
- aww you Naegi
- Ryouko introduces herself to Mukuro and thanks her.
- After Mukuro introduces herself to Ryouko as SHSL Soldier, there’s an awkward silence.
- Ryouko starts thinking about Matsuda.
- Mukuro breaks the silence by turning around and she says that there’s someone hidden.
- It’s Kamishiro who wants to discuss something with Ryouko urgently. He states that Madarai will be very troublesome.
- Mukuro says that she’ll think of how to deal with him alone.
- Naegi interrupts, saying that if this is not dealt with properly, Mukuro could be implicated.
- Kamishiro said that it was Mukuro’s fault for being violent and he would have dealt with Madarai differently.
- Naegi and Mukuro part ways with Kamishiro and Ryouko.
- Ryouko comments that Naegi’s eyes looked determined and she feels uneasy at it.
- Extract (because I’m biased to Naegi and I love this description so much):
The person called Naegi Makoto, the first impression he gives is that he’s unreliable and vulnerable from his speech. But a certain strength can be seen from the abyss of his eyes, a blinding light.
This is a will that will not give up no matter the situation or enemy.
- However, Ryouko doesn’t take Naegi seriously because he has nothing to do with her. Sure enough, she soon forgets about this entire event.
- Murasame starts to have completely red eyes with red pupils and sclera (the white part of the eye btw).
- He also starts speaking.
- Matsuda asks why Murasame doesn’t provide information to the committee members
- He answers himself, saying that the information is too shocking. Also because Matsuda is not so cruel that he would betray someone while knowing of danger. Although it is said that without such coldness, one cannot be a scientist.
- Eventually Matsuda concludes that Murasame was pretending so that he could get out of the clutches of the committee.
- He offers to protect Murasame at the condition of him revealing information about the despair incident.
- Matsuda asks if Kamukura Izuru is he culprit and Murasame said that Kamukura had killed many people.
- But when asked about whether Kamukura exists, Murasame kept quiet.
- He tries asking about Enoshima Junko instead.
- Murasame goes into spasms and that’s when Matsuda realises that this person is no longer Murasame.
- After this point, Murasame is referred to as ‘that thing’
- That thing starts shouting along the lines of SHE HAS TO KILLED while stuttering and then goes KILL ENOSHIMA JUNKO x around 10-20 times while the veins on his face bulge and all.
- ok this summary makes this scene sound so lame but the actual text made me scream so much
- At this moment, Matsuda felt really cold as he discovered that the real enemy is Junko.
- Then he says that he has someone he needs to protect. Someone who could not be saved if he does not protect so he has decided to protect this person no matter what. This is because he hates to be forgotten or left behind by his important people.
- Matsuda puts his hands around that thing’s neck, concentrates all his energy before it gives a last scream while he says: Don’t hate that person, hate me.
- Finally, Matsuda felt a sense of numbness and saw the eyes of that thing become an endless black.
- TL;DR: Matsuda just strangled Murasame and this is not the most despairing scene of DR0 yet.